NWC Naturals Total-Biotics Powder, is a specially formulated pet probiotic supplement containing 14 species of productive, live, high potency and stabilized probiotics! Total-Biotics has 1 billion CFUs (colony forming units) in each scoop for maximum protection and gut colonization. Total-Biotics contains patented ingredients and a stabilized Glutamine that helps heal the gut. A proprietary activation system called L.E.A.D.S (Live Enzyme Activated Delivery System) ensures delivery and colonization of the probiotics.
Total-Biotics helps with; improved digestive health, yeast and candida overgrowth, skin and coat problems, excessive shedding, immune disorders, slow healing, excessive shedding and removes toxins from the body.
The 14 specific strains of probiotics contained in Total-Biotics are:
1) Acidophilus DDS-1 strain— Acidophilus is probably one of the most effective probiotic strains researched today. Known as the "sticker strain" it defends against the greatest number of pathogens; inhibiting 11 disease-causing bacteria. It earned its reputation as the sticker strain as it has the ability to cling to the intestinal wall without causing harm. Acidophilus literally eats away at bacteria as it moves through the stomach into the intestines. Without causing disruption to the digestive tract it reduces the occurrence of diarrhea and constipation, increases the nutrient uptake, and alleviates dermatitis and other skin and coat conditions.
2) B. Bifidum— Attaches to the walls of the large intestine and vaginal tract removing yeast and preventing bacteria to grow. It also modifies intestinal flora, protects against liver problems and controls diarrhea and other intestinal disturbances.
3) Bacillus Coagulans— improves the vaginal flora as well as reducing abdominal pain and bloating and increases immune response to viral challenges. It has been approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and the European Union (EU) for veterinary purposes and is listed by the AAFCO for use as a direct fed microbial in livestock production.
4) Bifidobacterium Breve— Bifidobacterium helps to modulate the systemic and local immune responses, as well as being involved in the production of vitamins. Bifidobacterium may also help in a range of health effects such as inhibition of pathogens, regulation of intestinal microbial homeostasis and inhibits pathogens and bacteria from colonizing in the gut.
5) B. Lactis— (B. Animalis). Found in the large intestines and previously known as two separate species, B. Lactis and B. animalis are now considered B. animalis with the subspecies Bifidobacterium animalis subspecies animalis and Bifidobacterium animalis subspecies lactis. Both names B. animalis and B. lactis are still used on product labels.
6) B. Longum— Studies have shown that B Longum significantly inhibits the growth of cancers in colon and liver . It also aids in keeping the colon and live healthy by cleansing.
7) L. Brevis— Lactobacillus brevis is a species of lactic acid bacteria. It is a probiotic that is known for improving the immune system.
8) L. Casei— works as one of the great defenders against Listeria bacteria.
9) L. Plantarum— L. Plantarum reduces inflammation in the body and helps to break down proteins into usable nutrients.
10) L. Rhamnosus — Highly studied, Rhamnosus is known for its potency in treating gastrointestinal disorders. It's also effective against yeast and urinary tract infections.
11) L. Salivarius - Research has shown that Salivarius produces high amounts of lactic acid which works to reduce inflammation.
12) Lactococcus Lactis— Reduces inflammation as well as helping to maintain normal intestinal flora.
13) S. Thermophilus— Contains antioxidants that work to protect against toxins found in most common pet foods. It also alleviates pain associated with arthritis and repairs free radical damage from antibiotics, stress and aging.
14) L. Bulgaricus— Lactobacillus bulgaricus is found in naturally fermented products such as yogurt, it feeds on lactose to produce lactic acid.
- Pre-biotics - Inulin IQ FOS (Fructooligosaccharides)
- MGG Chelate
- Live Enzyme Activated Delivery System® (L.E.A.D.S)
Sugested Use: 1 scoop (approximately 625 mg) per cup of pet food.